Plyometrics (jump training) remains one of the best ways to help burn fat, lose weight and really sculpt your body. If your body has the needed strength and stability, plyometrics will improve your body's composition (more muscle, less fat) by leaps and bounds.
Here is a good general plyometric workout to improve your body's shape and conditioning.
1. In Place Vertical Jumps, full speed, Double Leg, 3 sets/10, 2 minutes rest between sets
2. Box Jumps (pictured above), full speed, 2 sets/10, 2 minutes rest between sets
3. Jump Rope, full speed, 2 sets/3 minutes each, 2 minutes rest between sets
4. Lateral Cone Hops, full speed, 2 sets/10 each side, 1 minute rest between sets
5. Standing Long Jumps, full speed, 2 sets/10, 2 minutes rest between sets
6. Dumbbell Calf Raises, full speed, 3 sets/25, 2 minutes rest between sets
Do a plyometric workout no more than 2 days a week because of the full speed intensity of this type of workout.
Avoid knee injuries by perfecting jumping and landing techniques before progressing to full speed plyometric workouts.
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Program and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
My Fitness Hut
Monday, January 13, 2014
How to Lose Weight with Plyometric Workouts
I have been a fat loss expert and fitness author since 2006 and am the owner of Her Fitness Hut, My Fitness Hut, Sports Fitness Hut and Your Fitness University. I have helped thousands transform their bodies to lean with lasting weight loss.
My 7-Day Fat Loss Hacks Coaching Course will get you off to a great start to reach your body-changing goals!
I encourage clients and readers to make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and your ideal body weight. I do not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.