Your cardio should burn fat, spare your muscle mass and improve your heart health. There are many ways to do cardio but keep these three goals in mind.
Boredom is built into cardio exercise because of the repetition. You can avoid the boredom by changing up your routines and keeping the sessions short.
Use cardio as a major calorie burner. It does NOT require long cardio sessions to burn major calories. Too many long (such as 45-60 minutes) cardio sessions will waste away your muscle mass.
Here are 6 cardio tips to burn fat:
1. Traditional long, slow lower-intensity aerobic exercise on treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, etc. is good for beginners or those who have been inactive. Speed walk cardio is a great alternative too.
2. Research has proven that the benefits of anaerobic exercise (like sprint interval cardio) is superior to aerobic exercise for fitness and heart health. The progression of your cardio exercise should be low-intensity aerobics to moderate/high-intensity aerobics to high-intensity anaerobic exercise.
3. High intensity cardio (HIC) and high intensity interval cardio training(HIIT) will give you faster body fat burn in less time. You only need to do 20 minutes per session, 3 times a week.
4. High intensity cardio (HIC) and high intensity interval cardio training (HIIT) will: a) significantly boost your metabolism--during and after exercise, b) give you less lean body mass loss, c) give you a faster rate of body fat-to-energy conversion and d) significantly increase your VO2 Max capacity.
5. Circuit weight training (including bodyweight circuits) has dual benefits as a strength/cardio workout.
6. If HIC or HIIT is too hard on your body, you might want to try a HIC, HIIT and moderate intensity combination during the week. Just get to know your body so you know when to back off.
The evidence is clear----if you want maximum body fat burn in the least amount of time, then HIC and HIIT is the way to go! I personally do 2 days of HIIT, 2 days of HIC and 2 days of circuit weight training per week. I know it works.
If you need bodyweight workouts that you can start at your own level, check out the Free download below (it has beginner, intermediate and advanced levels):
Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts. Start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
My Fitness Hut
Friday, April 4, 2014
6 Fat Burning Cardio Exercise Tips
Labels: Bodyweight Cardio, Fat Burning Interval Cardio, Fat Burning Interval Circuit Workout, speed walk interval cardio
I have been a fat loss expert and fitness author since 2006 and am the owner of Her Fitness Hut, My Fitness Hut, Sports Fitness Hut and Your Fitness University. I have helped thousands transform their bodies to lean with lasting weight loss.
I encourage clients and readers to make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and your ideal body weight. I do not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.