One of the biggest mealplan-busters is "eating on the run." That usually turns into a disaster as far as your calorie count is concerned. There is no planning and you end up eating what taste good...."taste good foods on the run" many times equates to fat-filled, nutrient-thin and calorie-rich foods. Even more, you end up wanting to eat more just a short time later.
Here are 10 great reasons to plan and pack your food:
1. Eating on the run is expensive. Eat better and save money....a winning combination.
2. Healthy eating habits help you burn fat and lose/manage weight loss. When you eat whole, natural foods, you are filled for a longer period on less calories. Whole, natural foods have one ingredient, like fresh fruits and veggies.
Eat these 3 Veggies to Burn More Abdominal Fat
3. When you pack your foods, you are less likely to go long periods of time without eating. The food is always right there with you. Eating every 3-4 hours maintains your energy and keeps your metabolism active throughout the day.
4. You can eat protein with every meal when you plan. Protein helps you stay full for longer and helps keep carbs from spiking your blood sugar.
5. Similarly, you can eat enough fiber and healty fats during the day. Just pack fruits and vegetables and eat them with each meal. A fruit, like avocado, is a great source of healthy fat.
6. If you will pack water and unsweetened tea, you will have no need to drink sugary, belly-fattening drinks.
7. You won't be tempted to eat at a restaurant on the run.
8. Planning and packing meals helps you stay with your meal plan better, even on weekends.
9. You are more likely to eat healthy snacks like low-fat Greek yogurt, nuts or smoothies.
10. You are more likely to journal your food when you plan. Research has proven that you will have a better chance of succeeding with your meal plan and fat loss if you keep a food journal.
By logging your actual food choices, you are holding yourself accountable throughout the day. It will also help protect you from binge-eating and emotional eating if you write down why and what you eat. Once you get a good feel for how you need to eat, you won't need a daily food journal.
Eat better, feel better and look better!
Eat These 3 Foods to Burn More Belly Fat
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University
My Fitness Hut
Her Fitness Hut
Sports Fitness Hut
Rapid Fat Loss and Six Pack Abs