Here are 3 tips to help you eat with purpose:
1. Eat small meals about every 3-4 hours (never skip breakfast) to keep your energy levels high and metabolism ramped up. Building muscle will also speed up your metabolism. Frequent meals keep the hunger pangs away.
2. Another way to control your hunger pangs is to eat protein with every meal. You don't need to do protein shakes...just eat the right foods.
Research has proven that protein keeps blood sugar levels more steady and helps you feel fuller for a longer period (slower digestion). Protein also keeps the hunger hormone (ghrelin) in check so your hunger doesn't spike so high.
Eat more protein to repair tissues and build muscle....I have always said to get your nutrition mainly from food...there's plenty of protein in the foods we eat...Good food sources for protein are:
lean beef, lean chicken, fish, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, beans, peas, nuts and seeds. If you are vegetarian, there are plenty of protein food sources for you.
If you feel fuller for longer periods, you will eat less and you won't binge eat if your hunger pangs are "not out the roof" when you do eat. Use your eating smarts.
3. Remember to drink enough water during the day. You will slow down your fat loss and weight loss efforts by dehydrating your body. Drinking enough water will also help to control your hunger and flush toxins from your body. Aim to drink about half your weight in water every day. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink about 75 ounces of water daily. Foods and drinks with water would count as water consumed.
Eat to stay healthy and reach your goals!
Do you want to:
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and register for my FREE 3-Step Fix-Your-Diet-Now Plan!
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES